Feb 11, 2013

PDDL plan validation on Windows

Some of you out there, who do planning might have already bumped into problems while trying to run planning software on Windows. Well I have good news for you. After a little hassle (but not much, honestly :-) I managed to compile the VAL plan validator version 4.2.08 (VAL Homepage) for Win32, using CygWin 1.7.17-1 (http://cygwin.com/). Feel free to use the binaries for whatever good reason and remember I shall not bear any responsibility for it, whatever it does to you. Use at your own risk.

The binaries can be downloaded from our artifactory: http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz:8081/artifactory/ext-release-local/planning_binaries/validate_win32-4.2.08.zip

If you want to build it yourself, all you gotta do is install CygWin (I had all of the "devel" section installed), alter the VAL makefile to not treat warnings as errors (remove "-Werror" from DEPENDFLAGS) and run "make validate".

My next step is to write a Java wrapper around both Windows and Linux executables so that you can use it in your Java code, as a part of my project Planning4J. Should be done in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment